The Frederick Alfred Aston Manuscript Collection
Scope and Content
This collection contains the manuscript of a dissertation on Isaiah chapters 29-33. The dissertation was submitted to the Princeton Theological Seminary faculty in competition for the George S. Green Fellowship in Old Testament in 1931.
Language of Materials
There are no restrictions on access to this collection. The collection is available for review according to the normal rules of the Seminary Archives and Special Collections.
The following is the acceptable citation for publication: The Frederick Alfred Aston Manuscript Collection. Special Collections, Princeton Theological Seminary Library.
- 1899 April 10
- Born, Sopockin, Lithuania
- Graduated, University of Dubuque
- Student, Dubuque Theological Seminary
- Student, Bachelor of Theology, Princeton Theological Seminary
- Graduated, Master of Arts, Princeton University
- 1931 April 15
- Ordained, Presbytery of New Brunswick
- Minister, New York Jewish Evangelization Society
- Awarded Doctor of Divinity, University of Dubuque
- 1972 June 3
- Died, Scarsdale, New York
Frederick Alfred Aston received his Bachelor of Theology from Princeton Theological Seminary in 1931 and was ordained by the Presbytery of New Brunswick the same year. He earned a Doctor of Divinity from the University of Dubuque in 1946. Aston went on to serve at the New York Jewish Evangelization Society from 1931 to 1945.
0.3 Linear Feet (1 box)
- The Frederick Alfred Aston Manuscript Collection
- Kristen J. Nivling
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Princeton Theological Seminary. Library. Special Collections Repository
Princeton Theological Seminary
25 Library Place
Princeton NJ 08540 USA