The Samuel Miller Jr. Manuscript Collection
Identifier: SCM 163
Scope and Content
This collection includes exegetical notes, "idea" notes, notes on ministers, miscellaneous notes and clippings, biographical materials, journals, and correspondence from the life of Samuel Miller, Jr.
- 1841 - 1882
Language of Materials
There are no special restrictions to the access of this collection. It may be examined by library patrons under the normal rules and conditions of Special Collections.
The following is the acceptable citation for publication: The Samuel Miller, Jr. Manuscript Collection. Special Collections, Princeton Theological Seminary Library.
- Born, son of Samuel Miller, Professor, Princeton Seminary
- B.A., College of New Jersey (Princeton University)
- Tutor, College of New Jersey
- Lawyer, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Student, Princeton Seminary
- Ordained evangelist
- Pastor, Mt. Holly, New Jersey
- Principal, West Jersey Collegiate Institute
- Stated supply, Columbus, New Jersey
- Stated supply. Tuckerton and Bass River, New Jersey
- Doctor of Divinity (honorary), College of New Jersey
- Moderator, General Assembly (PCUSA)
- Resided, Mt. Holly, New Jersey
- Pastor, Oceanic, New Jersey
- Died, Mt. Holly, New Jersey
2.3 Linear Feet (6 Boxes)
This collection was processed, and the original finding aid was written, in March of 1996 by Raymond D. Cannata, under the direction of William O. Harris, Archivist. The finding aid was edited by Sarah Seraphin in May of 2009.
- The Samuel Miller Jr. Manuscript Collection
- Raymond D. Cannata
- Description rules