The Lefferts Augustine Loetscher Manuscript Collection
Identifier: SCM 162
Scope and Content
This collection consists of correspondence, bulletins and other materials for several Presbyterian churches with which Loetscher was affiliated, committee minutes and reports, manuscripts and printed articles by Loetscher, printed copies of articles and other works by various writers, the author's dissertation, and realia.
- 1930 - 1982
Language of Materials
There are no special restrictions to access of this collection. It may be examined by library patrons under the normal rules and conditions of Special Collections.
The following is the acceptable citation for publication: The Lefferts Augustine Loetscher Manuscript Collection. Special Collections, Princeton Theological Seminary Library.
- 1904 July 24
- Born, Dubuque, Iowa
- Graduated, Princeton University
- Student, Master of Theology, Princeton Theological Seminary
- Ordained, Presbytery of New Brunswick, New Jersey
- Assistant Pastor, First Church, Reading, Pennsylvania
- Pastor, Rhawnhurst Church, Philadelphia
- Graduated, Doctor of Divinity, University of Dubuque
- Instructor, Church History, Princeton Theological Seminary
- Graduated, Doctor of Philosophy, University of Pennsylvania
- Associate Professor, Church History, Princeton Theological Seminary
- Professor, American Church History, Princeton Theological Seminary
- Director of Graduate Studies, Princeton Theological Seminary
- Professor Emeritus, American Church History, Princeton Theological Seminary
- 1981 November 19
24.9 Linear Feet (23 Boxes)
This collection was organized, and the original finding aid was written in the summer of 1996, by Douglas Denné under the direction of William O. Harris, Archivist. The finding aid was edited in April of 2009, by Sarah Seraphin and Daved Anthony Schmidt.
- The Lefferts Augustine Loetscher Manuscript Collection
- Douglas Denné
- Description rules