The Harry Eugene Chase IV Manuscript Collection
Scope and Content
This collection consists of 14.4 linear feet of sermon manuscripts from 1949-1988.
- 1949 - 1988
Language of Materials
There are no special restrictions to access of this collection. It may be examined by library patrons under the normal rules and conditions of Special Collections.
The following is the acceptable citation for publication: The Harry E. Chase, IV Manuscript Collection. Special Collections, Princeton Theological Seminary Library.
- 1919 July 5
- Born, Baltimore, Maryland
- Served in the United States Navy
- Radio engineer, San Diego
- Radio announcer
- Graduated, San Diego University
- Student, Bachelor of Divinity, Princeton Theological Seminary
- 1951 July 21
- Ordained, Presbytery of Los Angeles
- Chaplain, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, New York
- Lecturer, Religion, Emma Willard School
- University pastor, California State University, Long Beach, California
- Associate pastor, First Church, Englewood, New Jersey
- Senior pastor, Presbyterian Church, Tenafly
- Student, Educational Sciences, Seton Hall University
The Reverend Henry E. Chase, IV was born on July 5, 1918 in Baltimore, Maryland. He was in the U.S. Navy and a radio engineer/researcher in San Diego before coming to Princeton Seminary. He graduated from the Seminary in 1951 with a Master of Divinity (BD), and was ordained in the Presbytery of Los Angeles. After ordination, he was a chaplain in Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, an instructor of religion at Emma Willard School, a university pastor at California University, an associate pastor at First Church Englewood, New Jersey, and senior pastor at Tenafly, New Jersey.
14.4 Linear Feet (13 Boxes)
The papers of Harry Eugene Chase, IV were accessioned on February 18, 1996. The collection, consisting of sermons from 1949 to 1988, was left in its chronological original order. The finding aid was written in the winter of 1996 by Douglas F. Denné, under the direction of William O. Harris, Archivist. The finding aid was edited in February of 2009 by Sarah Seraphin.
- The Harry Eugene Chase IV Manuscript Collection
- Douglas F. Denné
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Princeton Theological Seminary. Library. Special Collections Repository
Princeton Theological Seminary
25 Library Place
Princeton NJ 08540 USA