The Levi Janvier Manuscript Collection
Identifier: SCM 117
Scope and Content
This collection consists of diaries dated 1841-1855, and an essay entitled "The necessity and reality of Christ’s mediatorial kingdom" (August 2, 1839).
- 1839 - 1855
Language of Materials
There are no special restrictions to the access of this collection. It may be examined by library patrons under the normal rules and conditions of Special Collections.
The following is the acceptable citation for publication: The Levi Janvier Manuscript Collection. Special Collections, Princeton Theological Seminary Library.
- 1816 April 25
- Born, Pittsgrove, New Jersey
- Graduated, College of New Jersey (now Princeton University)
- Student, Princeton Theological Seminary
- 1840 December 31
- Ordained, evangelist, Presbytery of West Jersey
- Missionary, Futtehghur, Lodiana, Ambala and Sabathu, India
- 1864 March 25
- Died, Anandpoor, India
0.4 Linear Feet (1 Box)
This collection was processed, and the original finding aid was written by Douglas F. Denné in the winter of 1993, under the direction of William O. Harris, Archivist. The finding aid was edited by Sarah Seraphin and Daved Anthony Schmidt in March of 2009.
- The Levi Janvier Manuscript Collection
- Douglas F. Denné
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script