The Robert A. Beringer Manuscript Collection
Identifier: SCM 026
Scope and Content
This collection consists of course notes preserved from the Reverend Beringer’s student days at Princeton Theological Seminary, 1959-1961 and 1969-1970.
- 1959 - 1970
Language of Materials
There are no special restrictions on access to this collection. It is available for the use of library patrons under the regular rules and conditions of Special Collections.
The following is the acceptable citation for publication: The Robert A. Beringer Manuscript Collection. Special Collections, Princeton Theological Seminary Library.
- 1936 February 11
- Born, Morristown, New Jersey
- Graduated, Cornell University
- Student, Bachelor of Divinity, Princeton Theological Seminary
- Student, Master of Theology, Princeton Theological Seminary
- 1961 June 7
- Ordained, Presbytery of Elizabeth
- Assistant pastor, Presbyterian Church, Bound Brook
- Interim pastor, Presbyterian Church, Bound Brook
- Pastor, First Church, Hopewell
- Pastor, First Church, Metuchen
- Adjunct faculty member, Princeton Theological Seminary
- Summer pastor, Culver Lake Christ's Union Chapel, Branchville
Reverend Robert A. Beringer was a member of the 1958 graduating class at Cornell University. He attended Princeton Theological Seminary from 1959 to 1961 (earning the Bachelor of Divinity degree) and from 1969 to 1970 (earning the Master of Theology degree). He was ordained by the Presbytery of Elizabeth (PCUSA) on June 7, 1961 and served as a pastor for many years. This collection consists of course notes by Reverend Beringer during his studies at Princeton Seminary.
0.3 Linear Feet (1 Box)
The collection was given to the Seminary Libraries on May 23, 1996. It was organized in May of 1996 by Raymond D. Cannata, under the direction of William O. Harris, Archivist.
- The Robert A. Beringer Manuscript Collection
- Raymond D. Cannata
- Description rules