The John B. Crowell Manuscript Collection
Scope and Content
This collection consists of class notes taken by John B. Crowell during his studies at Princeton Theological Seminary.
- 1922 - 1923
Language of Materials
There are no special restrictions to access of this collection. It may be examined by library patrons under the normal rules and conditions of Special Collections.
The following is the acceptable citation for publication: The John B. Crowell Manuscript Collection. Special Collections, Princeton Theological Seminary Library.
- 1899 November 11
- Born, Carteret, New Jersey
- Graduated, Rutgers University
- Student, Bachelor of Theology, Princeton Theological Seminary
- Assistant pastor, First Church, Norristown, Pennsylvania
- Student, Master of Theology, Princeton Theological Seminary
- 1927 January 24
- Ordained, Presbytery of Morris and Orange
- Pastor, Hope Memorial Church, Elizabeth, New Jersey
- Awarded honorary doctor of divinity, Bloomfield College
- 1997 May 18
From October 1921 to May 1924, John B. Crowell attended Princeton Theological Seminary and was minister's assistant at First Presbyterian Church in Morristown, Pennsylvania. From October 1926 to May 1927 Crowell did his post-graduate studies at the Seminary; after which he became pastor of Hope Memorial Presbyterian Church in Elizabeth, New Jersey for over 57 years. Hope Memorial is now named Siloam Hope Presbyterian Church.
0.3 Linear Feet (1 Box)
The John B. Crowell Papers were accessioned on March 4, 1996.
- The John B. Crowell Manuscript Collection
- Douglas F. Denné
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Princeton Theological Seminary. Library. Special Collections Repository
Princeton Theological Seminary
25 Library Place
Princeton NJ 08540 USA