The Carl Hopkins Elmore Manuscript Collection
Scope and Content
This collection includes biographical information, photographs, diary and sermon notebooks, sermons and talks, bulletins and directories, and miscellaneous materials, including Elmore's work "That Difficult Person, Myself." Also included are the papers of his wife Amelia Josephine Burr Elmore.
- 1919 - 1956
Language of Materials
There are no special restrictions to the access of this collection. It may be examined by library patrons under the normal rules and conditions of Special Collections.
The following is the acceptable citation for publication: The Carl Hopkins Elmore Manuscript Collection. Special Collections, Princeton Theological Seminary Library.
- Born, Maryville, Tennessee
- Graduated, Princeton University
- Graduated, Bachelor of Divinity, Union Theological Seminary, New York
- Studied in Scotland and Germany
- Pastor, Briarcliff Congregational Church, Briarcliff, New York
- Pastor, First Presbyterian Church, Englewood, New Jersey
- Died, Bradenton, New Jersey
1 Linear Feet (3 boxes)
This collection was processed, and the original finding aid was written in the spring of 1996, by Douglas Denne under the direction of William O. Harris, Archivist. The finding aid was edited by Sarah Seraphin and Daved Anthony Schmidt in March of 2009.
- The Carl Hopkins Elmore Manuscript Collection
- Douglas F. Denné
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Princeton Theological Seminary. Library. Special Collections Repository
Princeton Theological Seminary
25 Library Place
Princeton NJ 08540 USA