The Benjamin Franklin Farber Manuscript Collection
Identifier: SCM 079
Scope and Content
This collection consists primarily of a large collection of Reverend Farber's sermons. It also contains his personal papers, including correspondence, family information, and his 1918 war diary.
- 1918-1964, bulk undated
Language of Materials
There are no special restrictions to the access of this collection. It may be examined by library patrons under the normal rules and conditions of Special Collections.
The following is the acceptable citation for publication: The Benjamin Franklin Farber Manuscript Collection. Special Collections, Princeton Theological Seminary Library.
- 1882 July 13
- Born, Thornton, Indiana
- BS, Hanover College
- MA, Princeton University
- M.Div, Princeton Theological Seminary
- 1909 May 11
- Ordained, Presbytery of North Philadelphia
- Assistant Pastor, 1st Presbyterian Church, Germantown, Pennsylvania
- Assistant Pastor, First Presbyterian Church, Plymouth, Michigan
- Assistant Pastor, Woodward Avenue Presbyterian Church, Detroit, Michigan
- YMCA war service
- Pastor, 6th Presbyterian Church in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- D.D., Washington and Jefferson College, D.D., Grove City College
- Pastor, 4th Presbyterian Church in New York, New York
- Pastor Emeritus: 4th Presbyterian Church in New York, New York
- Interim Pastor: Tenafly, New Jersey
- Trustee, Princeton Theological Seminary
- 1965 September 20
- Died, Cresskill, New Jersey
3.1 Linear Feet (4 Boxes)
This collection was processed, and the original finding aid was written by Wesley W. Smith in January of 1998, under the direction of William O. Harris, Archivist. The finding aid was edited by Sarah Seraphin in February 2009.
- The Benjamin Franklin Farber Manuscript Collection
- Wesley W. Smith
- Description rules