The Clinton Hancock Gillingham Manuscript Collection
Scope and Content
This collection consists of sermons and addresses, outlines, notes, mementos, genealogy, and biographical materials from the life of Clinton H. Gillingham.
- 1906 - 1949
Language of Materials
There are no special restrictions to the access of this collection. It may be examined by library patrons under the normal rules and conditions of Special Collections.
The following is the acceptable citation for publication: The Clinton Hancock Gillingham Manuscript Collection. Special Collections, Princeton Theological Seminary Library.
- 1877 September 29
- Born, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Graduated, Maryville College
- Student, Princeton Theological Seminary
- Student, Master of Arts, Maryville College
- Professor, Old Testament studies, Maryville College
- Registrar, Maryville College
- Graduated, Bachelor of Divinity, Theological Seminary of Kentucky, Louisville
- President, Philadelphia School for Christian Workers of the Presbyterian and Reformed Churches (soon renamed Tennent College of Christian Education)
- 1955 July 18
0.2 Linear Feet (2 Boxes)
This collection was processed, and the original finding aid was written in July of 1994, by Raymond D. Cannata, under the direction of William O. Harris, Archivist. The finding aid was edited by Sarah Seraphin and Daved Anthony Schmidt in June of 2009.
- The Clinton Hancock Gillingham Manuscript Collection
- Raymond D. Cannata
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Princeton Theological Seminary. Library. Special Collections Repository
Princeton Theological Seminary
25 Library Place
Princeton NJ 08540 USA