The Russell Martin Kerr Manuscript Collection
Identifier: SCM 192
Scope and Content
This collection consists of course notes taken by Russell Kerr at Princeton Theological Seminary from 1941 to 1942, and notes from summer continuing education courses at the Princeton Institute of Theology in 1949 and 1955.
- 1941-1942, 1949, 1955
Language of Materials
There are no special restrictions to the access of this collection. It may be examined by library patrons under the normal rules and conditions of Special Collections.
The following is the acceptable citation for publication: The Russell Martin Kerr Manuscript Collection. Special Collections, Princeton Theological Seminary Library.
- 1916 July 12
- Born, Kings Mountain, North Carolina
- Graduated, Davidson College
- Teacher, Old Town High School, Winston-Salem
- Student, Bachelor of Divinity, Erskine Theological Seminary
- Student, Bachelor of Theology, Princeton Theological Seminary
- 1942 July 3
- Ordained, Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church
- Assistant pastor, First Church, Statesville
- Pastor, Bethel Church, Winnsboro, South Carolina
- 1952 July 15
- Ordained, Presbyterian Church in the United States of America
- Pastor, Philadelphia Presbyterian Church in the United States, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Awarded Alumni Service Award, Davidson College
Russell Martin Kerr (born 1916) was educated at Davidson College (B.A., 1938), Erskine Theological Seminary (B.D., 1941), and Princeton Theological Seminary (Th.B., 1942). He has served as pastor of various Presbyterian churches, both Associate Reformed Presbyterian and the Presbyterian Church in the United States, for many years. He has written the history of the ancient Philadelphia Presbyterian Church, Charlotte, North Carolina where he served his last and longest pastorate.
0.3 Linear Feet (1 Box)
Russell Kerr donated these papers to the Seminary Libraries in June of 1997. The collection was organized and the original finding aid was written in July of 1997, by Raymond D. Cannata, under the direction of William O. Harris, Archivist. The finding aid was edited by Sarah Seraphin and Daved Anthony Schmidt in May of 2009.
- The Russell Martin Kerr Manuscript Collection
- Raymond D. Cannata
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script