The Howard T. Kuist Manuscript Collection
Scope and Content
This collection consists of Old and New Testament study booklets, quizzes for New Testament studies (1958), student papers and exams, student notes on the book of Deuteronomy (1947-1948), and other materials.
- 1941 - 1958
Language of Materials
There are no special restrictions to the access of this collection. It may be examined by library patrons under the normal rules and conditions of Special Collections.
The following is the acceptable citation for publication: The Howard T. Kuist Manuscript Collection. Special Collections, Princeton Theological Seminary Library.
- 1895 July 30
- Born, Highland Park, Illinois
- Graduated, Westmar College, Iowa
- Student, Biblical Seminary, New York City
- Student, Master of Arts, New York University
- Instructor, New Testament language and literature, Biblical Seminary, New York City
- Student, Doctor of Philosophy, New York University
- Professor, New Testament language and literature, Biblical Seminary, New York City
- 1929 May 5
- Student, University of Berlin, Germany
- Student, Oxford University, England
- Professor, New Testament, Union Theological Seminary, Richmond, Virginia
- Professor, Biblical Theology for the teaching of English Bible, Princeton Theological Seminary
- 1964 July 30
- Died, Princeton
Dr. Howard T. Kuist came to Princeton Seminary in 1943 to become Professor of Biblical Theology for Teaching of English Bible. He stayed until his death in 1964. Dr. Kuist studied both in the United States and in Germany and England. He was ordained in the Evangelical Church and was a professor at several institutions before coming to Princeton Seminary.
0.3 Linear Feet (1 Box)
This collection was accessioned on April 10, 1996. The collection was processed and the original finding aid was written by Douglas Denné, under the direction of William O. Harris, Archivist. The finding aid was edited by Sarah Seraphin and Daved Anthony Schmidt in May of 2009.
- The Howard T. Kuist Manuscript Collection
- Douglas Denné
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Princeton Theological Seminary. Library. Special Collections Repository
Princeton Theological Seminary
25 Library Place
Princeton NJ 08540 USA