The Thomas Railey Markham Manuscript Collection
Identifier: SCM 121
Scope and Content
This collection consists of a diary maintained by the Reverend Markham while a student at Princeton Theological Seminary, 1849-1853.
- 1849 - 1853
Language of Materials
There are no special restrictions to the access of this collection. It may be examined by library patrons under the normal rules and conditions of Special Collections.
The following is the acceptable citation for publication: The Thomas Railey Markham Manuscript Collection. Special Collections, Princeton Theological Seminary Library.
- 1828 December 2
- Born, Fayette, Mississippi
- Graduated, Oakland College, Mississippi
- Student, Princeton Theological Seminary
- Student, Yale Divinity School
- Student, Colgate Theological Seminary, Hamilton, New York
- 1857 May 24
- Ordained, evangelist, Presbytery of New Orleans, Louisiana
- Pastor, Lafayette Church, New Orleans
- Chaplain, Confederate States of America
- Awarded honorary doctorate, Stewart College, Clarksville, Tennessee
- 1894 March 12
- Died, New Orleans, Louisiana
0.3 Linear Feet (1 Box)
This collection was processed, and the original finding aid was written by Douglas F. Denné in the winter of 1994, under the direction of William O. Harris, Archivist. The finding aid was edited by Sarah Seraphin and David Anthony Schmidt in March of 2009.
- The Thomas Railey Markham Manuscript Collection
- Douglas F. Denné
- Description rules