The Horace Thaddeus Allen Jr. Manuscript Collection
Scope and Content
This collection contains articles Allen wrote while he was a student at Princeton University (graduated 1954) and Princeton Theological Seminary. The articles appeared in student publications at the University and the Seminary.
- Allen, Horace T., 1933-2019 (Person)
Language of Materials
There are no special restrictions to access of this collection. It may be examined by library patrons under the normal rules and conditions of Special Collections.
The following is the acceptable citation for publication: The Horace Thaddeus Allen Jr. Manuscript Collection. Special Collections, Princeton Theological Seminary Library.
- 1933 March 8
- Born, Uniontown, Pennsylvania
- Graduated, Princeton University
- Student, Princeton Theological Seminary
- Graduated, Master of Divinity, Harvard Divinity School
- 1957 June 9
- Ordained, Presbytery of Philadelphia
- Pastor, Spring Creek and Frankford Churches, Renick, West Virginia
- Assistant pastor, Presbyterian Church, Towson, Maryland
- Warden, Iona Abbey, Argyll, Scotland
- Minister, St. James Presbyterian Church of England, Bristol, England
- Student, Doctor of Philosophy, Union Theological Seminary in New York City
- Director of worship and music, United Presbyterian Church of the United States of America and Presbyterian Church of the United States, Philadelphia and New York City
- Visiting lecturer, Union Theological Seminary
- Graduate student/liturgical consultant
- President, Mercersburg Society
- Professor of Worship, Boston University School of Theology
Horace T. Allen Jr. (b. 1933) attended Princeton Theological Seminary from 1954-1956. He received his M.Div. from Harvard University’s Divinity School in 1957 and his M.Phil. from Union Theological Seminary in New York in 1976. He served in several churches in the United States, Scotland, and England. Allen was a Professor of Worship at Boston University.
0.3 Linear Feet (1 Box)
The papers have been arranged chronologically.
There is no accession information available on this collection. The collection was arranged and described by Kristen Nivling in February 2008. The finding aid was edited in June 2008 by Sarah Malone.
- The Horace Thaddeus Allen Jr. Manuscript Collection
- Kristen Nivling
- February 2008
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note