The Christian H. Martin Jr. Manuscript Collection
Scope and Content
This collection includes material relating to Rev. Martin's service as United States Air Force Chaplain.
- 1973 - 1997
Language of Materials
There are no special restrictions to the access of this collection. It may be examined by library patrons under the normal rules and conditions of Special Collections.
The following is the acceptable citation for publication: The Christian H. Martin, Jr. Manuscript Collection. Special Collections, Princeton Theological Seminary Library.
- 1928 May 29
- Born, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- Served in United States Army
- Graduated, Harvard University
- Student, Princeton Theological Seminary
- Served in United States Air Force
- Student, Bachelor of Divinity, Princeton Theological Seminary
- 1961 June 23
- Ordained, Presbytery of Donegal
- Assistant pastor, 1st church, West Chester, Pennsylvania
- Chaplain, United States Air Force
- Pulpit supply, Texas
- Chaplain, Air Force Village, San Antonio
The Reverend Christian Hess Martin, Jr. (Born 1928) is a graduate of Harvard University (1952) and Princeton Seminary (1961). After briefly serving a Presbyterian (UPCUSA) church in Pennsylvania, Mr. Martin began a long career as a United States Air Force Chaplain.
0.3 Linear Feet (1 Box)
These papers were given to the Seminary Libraries by the Reverend Christian Martin in February 1997. The collection was processed, and the original finding aid was written that same month by Raymond D. Cannata under the direction of William O. Harris, Archivist. The finding aid was edited by Sarah Seraphin and Daved Anthony Schmidt in May of 2009.
- The Christian H. Martin Jr. Manuscript Collection
- Raymond D. Cannata
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Princeton Theological Seminary. Library. Special Collections Repository
Princeton Theological Seminary
25 Library Place
Princeton NJ 08540 USA