The Robert Lyle Moreland Manuscript Collection
Identifier: SCM 199
Scope and Content
This collection consists of course notes taken by Robert Moreland while at Princeton Theological Seminary from 1943 to 1945.
- 1943 - 1945
Language of Materials
There are no special restrictions to the access of this collection. It may be examined by library patrons under the normal rules and conditions of Special Collections.
The following is the acceptable citation for publication: The Robert Lyle Moreland Manuscript Collection. Special Collections, Princeton Theological Seminary Library.
- 1921 February 6
- Born, Fairmont, West Virginia
- Graduated, College of Wooster
- Student, Bachelor of Divinity, Princeton Theological Seminary
- 1945 August 31
- Ordained, Presbytery of Grafton
- Assistant pastor, First Church, Joplin Missouri
- Pastor, First Church, Harrison, Arkansas
- Pastor, First Church, Emporia, Kansas
- Pastor, Eastminster Church, East Lansing, Michigan
- Student, Master of Arts, Michigan State University
- Assistant executive, Michigan Synod, Detroit
- Secretary and treasurer, Presbytery of Detroit
- Controller, synod of south Atlanta, Georgia
- Secretary and vice-president, board pensions, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
The Reverend Robert Lyle Moreland graduated from Princeton Seminary with the Bachelor of Divinity degree in 1945 and was ordained through the Presbytery of Grafton (PCUSA) later that year. He has had a distinguished career as a Presbyterian Pastor and Synod executive.
0.8 Linear Feet (2 boxes)
This collection was donated to the Seminary Libraries by Robert Moreland in May of 1995. The collection was processed and the original finding aid was written by Raymond D. Cannata, under the direction of William O. Harris, Archivist. The finding aid was edited by Sarah Seraphin and Daved Anthony Schmidt in May of 2009.
- The Robert Lyle Moreland Manuscript Collection
- Raymond D. Cannata
- Description rules