The Charles Nisbet Manuscript Collection
Scope and Content
This collection consists of lectures and sermons by Charles Nisbet.
- 1788-1804, 1858
Language of Materials
There are no special restrictions to the access of this collection. It may be examined by library patrons under the normal rules and conditions of Special Collections.
The following is the acceptable citation for publication: The Charles Nisbet Manuscript Collection. Special Collections, Princeton Theological Seminary Library.
- 1736 January 21
- Born, Haddington, Scotland
- Graduated, University of Edinburgh
- 1760 September 24
- Licensed to Preach, Presbytery of Edinburgh
- 1764 May 17
- Ordained, Presbytery of Brechin
- Married to Anne Tweedie
- Awarded Doctor of Divinity, College of New Jersey (now Princeton University)
- President, Dickson College, Carlisle, Pennsylvania
- 1804 January 18
- Died, Carlisle, Pennsylvania
1.2 Linear Feet (4 boxes)
This collection was processed, and the original finding aid was written in the spring of 1993, by Douglas Denné under the direction of William O. Harris, Archivist. The finding aid was edited by Sarah Seraphin and Daved Anthony Schmidt in May of 2009.
- The Charles Nisbet Manuscript Collection
- Douglas F. Denné
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Princeton Theological Seminary. Library. Special Collections Repository
Princeton Theological Seminary
25 Library Place
Princeton NJ 08540 USA