The Samuel Stanhope Smith Manuscript Collection
Identifier: SCM 130
Scope and Content
This collection consists of student classnotes from Smith’s lectures at the College of New Jersey (later Princeton University), taken by Jackson Haines in 1804.
Language of Materials
There are no special restrictions to the access of this collection. It may be examined by library patrons under the normal rules and conditions of Special Collections.
The following is the acceptable citation for publication: The Samuel Stanhope Smith Manuscript Collection. Special Collections, Princeton Theological Seminary Library.
- 1751 March 15
- Born, Pequea, Pennsylvania
- Student, College of New Jersey (now Princeton University)
- Tutor, College of New Jersey
- Rector, Prince Edward Academy (now Hampden-Sydney College)
- Professor, Moral Philosophy, College of New Jersey
- Elected to the American Philosophical Society
- Vice President, College of New Jersey
- President, College of New Jersey
- 1819 August 21
- Died, Princeton, New Jersey
0.3 Linear Feet (1 Box)
This collection was processed, and the original finding aid was written in the spring of 1993, by Douglas Denne under the direction of William O. Harris, Archivist. The finding aid was edited by Sarah Seraphin and Daved Anthony Schmidt in March of 2009.
- The Samuel Stanhope Smith Manuscript Collection
- Douglas F. Denné
- Description rules