The Herbert Arthur Stocker Manuscript Collection
Scope and Content
This collection consists of course notes taken by Herbert Stocker while at Princeton Theological Seminary from 1952 to 1955.
- 1952 - 1955
Language of Materials
There are no special restrictions to the access of this collection. It may be examined by library patrons under the normal rules and conditions of Special Collections.
The following is the acceptable citation for publication: The Herbert Arthur Stocker Manuscript Collection. Special Collections, Princeton Theological Seminary Library.
- 1930 September 28
- Born, Springfield, Massachusetts
- Graduated, New York University
- Student, Princeton Theological Seminary
- 1955 June 9
- Ordained, Presbytery of Westchester
- Assistant pastor, First Church, Rome, New York
- Minister of Education, First Church, Fullerton, California
- Pastor, Calvary Church, Wilmington
- Associate pastor, Presbyterian Church, Whittier
- Assistant to the President, Whitworth College, Spokane, Washington
- Director of personnel, Moravian College, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
- Director of personnel, Muhlenberg College, Allentown
The Reverend Herbert A. Stocker graduated from Princeton Seminary with the Bachelor of Divinity degree in 1955 and was ordained by the Presbytery of Westchester (PCUSA) later that year. He has had a distinguished career as a Presbyterian pastor and also as a college administrator.
0.3 Linear Feet (1 Box)
This collection was processed, and the original finding aid was written by Raymond D. Cannata in May of 1996, under the direction of William O. Harris, Archivist. The finding aid was edited by Sarah Seraphin and Daved Anthony Schmidt in June of 2009.
- The Herbert Arthur Stocker Manuscript Collection
- Raymond D. Cannata
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Princeton Theological Seminary. Library. Special Collections Repository
Princeton Theological Seminary
25 Library Place
Princeton NJ 08540 USA