The Benjamin Lincoln Swan Manuscript Collection
Identifier: SCM 131
Scope and Content
This collection consists of nine discourses on baptism preached to the First Congregational Church, Fair Haven Village, New Haven, Connecticut, in 1843; and a letter from R.G. Hutton, Pastor of the Episcopal Church, Oyster Bay, Long Island, New York, to Mr. Swan, dated May 15, 1869.
- 1843 - 1869
Language of Materials
There are no special restrictions to the access of this collection. It may be examined by library patrons under the normal rules and conditions of Special Collections.
The following is the acceptable citation for publication: The Benjamin Lincoln Swan Manuscript Collection. Special Collections, Princeton Theological Seminary Library.
- 1813 July 31
- Born, Medford, Massachusetts
- Student, Princeton Theological Seminary
- 1836 November 25
- Ordained, Fairfield East Congregational Consociation
- Pastor, Congregational Church, Fair Haven Connecticut
- Pastor, Litchfield, Connecticut
- Pastor, Second Church, Bridgeport, Connecticut
- Pastor, New Canaan, Connecticut
- Pastor, Presbyterian Church, Oyster Bay New York
- Stated supply, Pontiac, Illinois
- Stated supply, Monroe, Connecticut
- Stated supply, Second Church Mendham, New Jersey
- Resided in Bridgeport, Connecticut
- 1899 February 15
- Died, Bridgeport, Connecticut
0.3 Linear Feet (1 Box)
This collection was processed, and the original finding aid was written in the spring of 1993, by Douglas Denne under the direction of William O. Harris, Archivist. The finding aid was edited by Sarah Seraphin and Daved Anthony Schmidt in April of 2009.
- The Benjamin Lincoln Swan Manuscript Collection
- Douglas F. Denné
- Description rules