The Alfred Yeomans Manuscript Collection
Scope and Content
This collection consists of correspondence, prayers, clippings of interest for sermon illustrations, sermons, biographical materials, and journal and quote book, recorded 1856-1871.
- 1856 - 1871
Language of Materials
There are no special restrictions to the access of this collection. It may be examined by library patrons under the normal rules and conditions of Special Collections.
The following is the acceptable citation for publication: The Alfred Yeomans Manuscript Collection. Special Collections, Princeton Theological Seminary Library.
- 1830 December 3
- Born, North Adams, Massachusetts
- Graduated, College of New Jersey (now Princeton University)
- Student, Princeton Theological Seminary
- 1860 December 20
- Ordained, Presbytery of Newton
- Pastor, Musconetcong Valley, New Jersey
- Pastor elect, Calvary Church, Rochester, New York
- Pastor, Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
- Pastor, Central Church, Orange, New Jersey
- Awarded honorary Doctor of Divinity, College of New Jersey (now Princeton University)
- 1889 March 20
- Died, Orange, New Jersey
Alfred Yeomans (1830-1889) graduated from the College of New Jersey (now Princeton University) in 1852, and Princeton Theological Seminary in 1860. He was ordained by the Presbytery of Newton in 1860 and served as pastor of several Presbyterian churches in the northeastern United States.
0.3 Linear Feet (1 Box)
This collection was given to the Seminary in October of 1990 by Mr. Edward Yeomans of Watertown, Massachusetts. It was organized and the original finding aid was written, in June of 1996 by Raymond D. Cannata, under the direction of William O. Harris, Archivist. The finding aid was edited by Sarah Seraphin in May of 2009.
- The Alfred Yeomans Manuscript Collection
- Raymond D. Cannata
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Princeton Theological Seminary. Library. Special Collections Repository
Princeton Theological Seminary
25 Library Place
Princeton NJ 08540 USA