The James Waddel Alexander Manuscript Collection
Identifier: SCM 071
Scope and Content
This collection consists of classroom notes and lectures, sermons, lectures on rhetoric and sacred rhetoric, and correspondence.
Language of Materials
There are no special restrictions to the access of this collection. It may be examined by library patrons under the normal rules and conditions of Special Collections.
The following is the acceptable citation for publication: The James Waddel Manuscript Collection. Special Collections, Princeton Theological Seminary Library.
- 1804 March 13
- Born, Louisa County, Virginia. Eldest son of Archibald Alexander and wife Janetta Waddel.
- Graduated, College of New Jersey (Princeton University)
- Tutor, Princeton Theological Seminary
- Pastor, First Presbyterian Church in Trenton, New Jersey
- Professor of Rhetoric, College of New Jersey (Princeton University)
- Pastor, Duane Street Presbyterian Church, New York
- Professor of Church History, Princeton Theological Seminary
- Pastor, 5th Avenue Presbyterian Church, New York
- 1859 July 31
- Died, Alleghany County, Virginia. Interred in the Alexander Family plot, Princeton Cemetery
1.1 Linear Feet (3 boxes)
This collection was processed, and the original finding aid was written in the fall of 1992, by Douglas Denné under the direction of William O. Harris, Archivist. The finding aid was edited by Sarah Seraphin in February of 2009.
- The James Waddel Alexander Manuscript Collection
- Douglas Denné
- Description rules
- Language of description