The Walter Hoge Lowrie Manuscript Collection
Scope and Content
This collection includes diaries, studies, essays, and correspondence.
- 1833 - 1876
Language of Materials
There are no special restrictions to the access of this collection. It may be examined by library patrons under the normal rules and conditions of Special Collections.
The following is the acceptable citation for publication: The Walter Hoge Lowrie Manuscript Collection. Special Collections, Princeton Theological Seminary Library.
- 1807 March 3
- Born, Armstrong County, Pennsylvania
- Law Professor, Western University (University of Pittsburgh)
- District Judge, Pennsylvania
- Named Justice of the Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- Chief Justice, Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- 1876 November 14
- Died, Meadville, Pennsylvania
0.3 Linear Feet (1 Box)
Series I. Diary (1833 - 1850) and Last Diary (1876).
Series II. Studies (1855 - 1860).
Series III. One Letter, Three Literary Essay, and Charge to the Grand Jury.
Series IV. Common Place Book No. 1.
This collection was processed, and the original finding aid was written in the summer of 1996 by Douglas F. Denné, under the direction of William O. Harris, Archivist. The finding aid was edited by Sarah Seraphin and Daved Anthony Schmidt in March of 2009.
- The Walter Hoge Lowrie Manuscript Collection
- Douglas F. Denné
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Princeton Theological Seminary. Library. Special Collections Repository
Princeton Theological Seminary
25 Library Place
Princeton NJ 08540 USA