The William Brenton Greene Jr. Manuscript Collection
Identifier: SCM 181
Scope and Content
This collection includes student notes from Dr. Greene's lectures, typescripts of Dr. Greene's lectures, correspondence, bibliographies, genealogy, printed articles, and biographical materials.
- 1893 - 1929
Language of Materials
There are no special restrictions placed on the use of these materials. They are available for use of library patrons under the normal conditions and rules of Special Collections.
The following is the acceptable citation for publication: The William Brenton Greene, Jr. Manuscript Collection. Special Collections, Princeton Theological Seminary Library.
- 1854 August 16
- Born, Providence, Rhode Island
- Graduated, College of New Jersey (now Princeton University)
- Student, Princeton Theological Seminary
- 1880 June 3
- Ordained, Presbytery of Boston
- Pastor, First Presbyterian Church, Boston
- Pastor, Tenth Presbyterian Church, Philadelphia
- Awarded honorary Doctor of Divinity, College of New Jersey (Now Princeton University)
- Stuart Professor, Relation of Philosophy and Science to Christian Religion, Princeton Theological Seminary
- Professor of Apologetics and Christian Ethics, Princeton Theological Seminary
- 1928 November 16
- Died, Princeton, New Jersey
0.2 Linear Feet (1 Box)
This collection was organized, and the original finding aid was written in May of 1996, by Raymond D. Cannata, under the direction of William O. Harris, Archivist. At that time, some biographical materials from archives' office files were added to the collection. The finding aid was edited by Sarah Seraphin and Daved Anthony Schmidt in June of 2009.
- The William Brenton Greene Jr. Manuscript Collection
- Raymond D. Cannata
- Description rules